Fixed Asset Management in Microsoft Dynamics GP
Improve financial management for your business by tracking, analyzing, and manipulating fixed assets to meet specific needs. Fixed Asset Management in Microsoft DynamicsTM GP delivers multiple features and reporting tools that help you manage company assets with minimal effort and tremendous flexibility.
Save time and money by setting up assets quickly and easily. Use classes or account groups to optimize operations by setting defaults and making mass changes, such as retirement or depreciation, to large numbers of assets at the same time.
- Put your information to work. Make changes to one or many assets easily and capture necessary asset data for tax or reporting purposes while performing depreciations, averaging, or comparisons across assets.
- Find the information you need. Access the data you need with an intuitive graphical user interface and convenient one-button access to userdefined information or other critical data, including asset maintenance, purchase, lease, and book information.
- Make depreciation easy. Manage asset depreciation with any of 16 depreciation methods, with the ability to back depreciation out, recalculate it, add additional depreciation, or project it ahead for any number of assets in your books.
- Integrate powerfully. Empower your business by combining Fixed Asset Management with other modules in Microsoft Dynamics GP, ensuring accuracy while reducing redundant data entry.
- Easy Asset Setup. Create and manage an unlimited number of books of assets for each company, including corporate, federal tax, alternative minimum tax, and more.
- Intuitive Interface. Find asset information using an intuitive graphical user interface with one-button access to maintenance, purchase, insurance, lease, book, or other critical information.
- Customized Setup. Add up to 15 user-defined fields to track any industry-specific information that you need, set defaults and formats to meet business needs, and hide or display fields as needed.
- Asset Tracking. Track comprehensive information about assets using standard or userdefined fields, in multiple quantities or by an asset component such as a master ID number or asset suffix.
- Asset Classes. Define asset classes to set defaults for a group of assets, as well as set characteristics, such as depreciation or asset retirement, for multiple assets at one time.
- Averaging Conventions. Utilize a variety of averaging conventions for managing assets, including averaging by half year, mid quarter, full month, full period, full year, and others.
- Depreciation Management. Use any of 16 depreciation methods, such as straight line, remaining life, or amortization, and forecast your depreciation expenses for budgetary work.
- Asset Review. View and analyze in-depth information about assets on-screen, including asset account, lease, insurance, or user data; or drill down to the originating transaction to look at greater detail.
- Asset Manipulation. Manage assets with powerful tools for adding or changing assets such as retirement or transferals, and for making mass changes to multiple assets.
- Reporting Flexibility. Share information with a wide variety of standard reports such as depreciation ledgers, property transfer, inventory list, and asset retirements. Create custom reports using SmartLists, Report Writer, and Crystal Reports.
- Property Management. Manage physical inventory and asset movement with location IDs, providing reconciliation of an asset’s actual physical location with the recorded physical location.
- Integration. Update General Ledger automatically with Fixed Asset Management information and integrate with asset information from Microsoft Dynamics GP Purchase Order and Payables Management modules.