Purchase Order Processing in Microsoft Dynamics GP
Take control of your business processes, build lasting vendor relationships, and minimize costs with Purchase Order Processing in Microsoft Dynamics GP.
Expand your business potential with smooth integration that consolidates purchasing processes and shares data with other Microsoft Dynamics GP modules, including Sales Order Processing, General Ledger, Project Accounting and Inventory Management.
- Streamline business processes. Take control of your purchase process, improve accuracy, and increase employee productivity by automating routine purchasing tasks. Utilize a workflow approval process for existing purchase orders over designated purchasing limits.
- Reduce operational costs. Reduce repetitive data entry and help eliminate costly mistakes by moving your requisition process online with the Requisition Management for Business Portal module.
- Access mission-critical information. Get instant answers to questions and maintain complete purchasing audit control with detailed information and tracking and management capabilities. Track and analyze purchase activity with a comprehensive selection of reports.
- Establish long-term contracts with vendors. Use blanket purchase orders to record and track extended purchases, giving you greater negotiating power with your vendors and simplifying contract purchase processes.
- Monitor landed costs more effectively. Maintain tight tracking control over costs associated with inventory items and easily assign or modify costs on a purchase order as items are received.
PURCHASE ORDER PROCESSING
- Blanket Purchase Orders. Reduce data entry and improve cost controls by setting up long-term purchasing agreements with vendors that also help to simplify the ordering process. With blanket purchase orders you can:
- Set varying required dates for each line item on a purchase order.
- Select line items for release to vendors each time a purchase order is printed.
- Use estimated release reports to provide vendors with advanced notification of upcoming orders.
- Automated Purchase Order Processes. Reduce the time and effort required to generate and manage purchase orders with flexible, automated processes that enable you to:
- Set up pre-defined parameters to automatically replenish inventory items or groups of items, so customer orders are fulfilled on a timely basis.
- Map purchase order line numbers to line items, automatically.
- Generate serial numbers for items upon shipment.
- Track and update all landed costs associated with an inventory item and automatically assign or modify costs on purchase orders as items are received.
- Remove or replace line items without special editing actions by simply retyping over the current line.
- Flexible Shipping and Invoicing Options. Increase customer satisfaction, reduce unnecessary paperwork, and streamline departmental workflow. With flexible shipping and invoicing options you can:
- Record shipments and invoices separately or together.
- Enable vendors to ship orders directly to the customer by entering Ship To addresses on purchase orders.
- Assign different Ship To addresses for each line item on a purchase order.
- In-Transit Inventory Transfers. Employees can record the receipt of the material in its final destination utilizing a purchasing in-transit inventory receipt transaction.
- Blanket Purchase Orders. Set up extended-term purchasing agreements with blanket purchase orders that are based on a total currency amount or total product quantity.
- Consolidated Purchasing. Enter purchase orders in a single window, whether the purchasing transaction is for general procurement or project purchasing. Flexible item entry allows both general and project items in the same purchase order.
- Simplified Processing. Use a purchase order number to quickly locate and perform actions directly to a purchase order, such as invoicing. Data from the purchase order populates key data fields on the receipt, helping you to complete the purchasing process more efficiently.
- Multiple Ship To Addresses. Enter a Ship To address for each line item on a purchase order, reducing documentation for items shipped to multiple addresses.
- Bin Lookups. Quickly locate the best bin for received items with a lookup that displays bin priority and maximum capacity.
- Bin Override. Override the default receipt bin during the receiving process to enable efficient one-step receiving processes.
- Mapping. Map purchase order line numbers to line items automatically to expedite purchase orders.
- Contract Numbers and Expiration Dates. Enter contract numbers and expiration dates on purchase orders.
- Alerts. Establish alerts that prevent employees from issuing invalid purchase orders.
- Flexible Control of Processes. Control purchasing processes with cost variance tracking, easy transfer of information, receiving/invoicing against multiple purchase orders, comprehensive receipt information, posting, and 1099 reporting.
- Purchase Order Processing Workflow. Route purchase orders that exceed designated team-member purchasing limits to one or more individuals for approval before the items are processed or shipped.
- Line-Item Level Visibility. Manage purchase orders at the line-item level with automated rollup of similar items, free on-board (FOB) designation, individual line-item release-to-vendor dates, and multi-site delivery. Set custom rules for inventory date requirements and receive automatic warnings when stock to be received falls below minimum acceptable shelf-life rules.
- Purchase Order Tracking. Get instant answers with complete tracking of open or historical purchase order and receiving documents by order number, item number, or date.
- In-Transit Inventory Transfers. Input a middle site into the inventory transfer process to enable Via tracking and take inventory out of limbo. Enter a purchasing in-transit inventory receipt transaction to bring the items into on-hand inventory at the final destination. Accurate inventory quantities at both the From site and To site allow more realistic promise dates, improved inventory management, and more accurate on-hand inventory balances.
- Audit Control. Maintain audit control with cancelled item tracking, line-item ordering and status information, document revision tracking, and customized landed cost definition.
- Multicurrency Transactions. Enter, track, and report multicurrency transactions in the originating or functional currency—translated using exchange rate tables—with special functionality for European Union customers.
- Drop Shipment. Drop ship orders directly from supplier to customer and bypass the typical inventory update process.
- Reports. Analyze purchase activity with Purchase Order Status, Invoice Cost Variance, and posting reports.
- Requisition Management for Business Portal. Eliminate paper-based requisitions by creating online requisitions, with automatic approval routing and e-mail notification.
- Purchase Order Generator. Automate purchasing through order point or minimum/maximum settings. Purchase Order Generator determines quantities needed based on the stock situation in relation to the stock goals and generates a suggested purchase order that can be reviewed and edited prior to release. Automatically create purchase orders in response to quantity shortages on customer orders and manage these documents from within Purchase Order Processing.
- Landed Cost. Track and update the total cost, including freight, insurance, and duties associated with an inventory item. Automatically assign or modify these costs on a purchase order as items are received.