Report List, SmartLists, and Office Excel in Microsoft Dynamics GP
Put everyone in your organization in touch with vital business information. The Report List in Microsoft Dynamics GP provides system-wide access to relevant reports in one easy-to-use list that lets you restrict, find, and perform multiple actions for each report.
When deployed with Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007, Microsoft Dynamics GP can transform people’s ability to access and analyze accurate, updated data in a format that makes sense, whether they work in Microsoft Dynamics GP or another application such as Microsoft Office Excel, which has report templates based on more than 200 SmartList favorites.
- Access information across your organization. Integration with modules in Microsoft Dynamics GP, such as Report Writer reports and Microsoft FRx Professional, places the information you need at your fingertips.
- Leverage existing systems. Integrate with third party applications you may already be using.
- Increase efficiency. Drill down to the information you need. Print or export the search results. Query data and return information in an easy-to-read format.
- Get just what you’re looking for. Favorites enables you to save search criteria for quick access any time
- Analyze data from multiple angles. Office Excel reports in Microsoft Dynamics GP provide data with refresh capabilities for clients to perform analysis. Analysis Cubes for Office Excel, built on powerful Microsoft SQL ServerTM 2005 technologies, enable you to view information in the format you prefer and share it across your organization.
- Refresh data from one location. Update data in Office Excel without the need to export from Microsoft Dynamics GP. You can then format and share data.
- The Report List
- Get started right away. The Report List functions like all the other navigation lists in Microsoft Dynamics GP, so it’s easy to use from the start.
- View or create Office Excel reports.
- Modify, view, or create new Report Writer reports.
- Create or download new Microsoft SQL ServerTM Reporting Services reports.
- Set up views that save the search criteria you have entered.
- Grant or deny access to the report list.
- Access all file types from the Report List.
- SmartList Options and Search Windows
- Gain more control and flexibility over search capabilities.
- Use more than 200 SmartList favorites that ship with the product to provide quick access to commonly used data.
- Add or remove columns that appear in the Favorites list.
- Export SmartList data to Microsoft Office Word or Office Excel
- Microsoft Office Excel
- Provide your staff with more than 200 Office Excel reports that ship with Microsoft Dynamics GP, including the Data Connections and Excel files.
- View and launch files stored in Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 from within Microsoft Dynamics GP.